HOUSING BASED CASE MANAGER
- Essential functions:
- 1. Provide strengths based, client-centered housing focused case management to individuals and families exiting homelessness and entering Permanent Supportive Housing through NMSH. The housing support services are conducted in-home and may include development of a crisis plan, a guest policy, budgeting, linkage and referral to other applicable community resources and supports, as well as housing related goal development. The Housing Based Case Manager will utilize the model of housing-based case management and best practices as outlined by Org Code. The Housing Based Case Manager will adhere to a housing first model of housing and supportive services.
- 2. Create a strengths-based housing plan to assist the tenant in maintaining Permanent Supportive Housing placement. The Housing Based Case Manager will assist tenants in creating goals and setting up a network of resources that will help them to maintain permanent housing. Resources may include but are not limited to: DHHS, Community Mental Health services, Michigan Works!, NMCAA Financial Management services, domestic violence counseling, and/or addiction treatment services.
- 3. Network with area partners involved in efforts to end homelessness through the Ray Harris Group and the Coordinated Entry System. The Housing Based Case Manager will be expected to attend the Ray Harris Group in order to discuss program eligibility for potential clients, provide information regarding NMSH openings, as well as to assist in the bridging of future tenants between Rapid Rehousing Programs and Permanent Supportive Housing.
- 4. Complete a Service Prioritization Decision Assistance Tool (SPDAT) for all enrolled clients and use it in developing a housing plan and retaining permanent housing.
- 5. Attend NWCEH local work groups as required in addition to attending weekly case reviews and other meetings as requested by NMSH.
- 6. Complete a Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) profile and maintain clients’ information into the system. Complete information live as you meet and work with their clients.
- 7. Maintain appropriate working relationships with existing landlords in order to foster the tenant/landlord relationships as well as to serve as an advocate for clients.
- 8. Maintain 95% data quality standards on all HMIS data entry.
- 9. Maintain 100% file completeness on all enrolled client files. The Housing Based Case Manager will maintain all paperless files in HMIS and will be required to abide by file review policies and procedures.
- 10. Complete any and all required program documentation and certifications annually with all enrolled NMSH tenants. In addition, the Housing Based Case Manager will assist tenants in completing income re-determinations as needed.
- 11. Performs other related duties as required and/or assigned.
$18-$20 per hour/40 hours per week